Wednesday, November 19, 2008

DECEMBER'S CHOICES

In celebration of the CHRISTMAS season, yes...I said it...CHRISTMAS!!! The person who picked next decided to pick three of Richard Paul Evans Christmas books for December. In an interesting twist again, as she has in the past, we are reading one, two, or all three of the books for December. We then are to write down a meaningful quote from what books we read, and a story that might reflect what we are feeling after reading it.
“Whatever the reason, I find that with each passing Christmas the story of the Christmas Box is told less and needed more. So I record it now for all future generations to accept or dismiss as seems them good. As for me, I believe. And it is, after all, my story.” (richardpaulevans.com)



“The Bible says that God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. My story is about one of God’s weak things. His name is Collin, a frail, beautiful little boy with a very special gift.” -The Gift (richardpaulevans.com)







“There are stories, Christmas stories that are stored away like boxes of garlands and frosted glass ornaments, to be brought out and cherished each year. I’ve come to believe that my story is a Christmas story. For it has forever changed the way I see Christmas.” (ricahrdpaulevans.com)
----
So all the members, and whoever wants to read with us, these are the three books that you should focus on. Pick one up. More stuff to come...HAPPY READING!

No comments: