Monday, June 11, 2012

Makes the Book Club Sing


As the title states "Bel Canto," or "beautiful singing" in Italian, it was an interesting read, but was it a beautiful ending?  I am not going to say anything about the ending, because I want you to read it, but I can tell you it was very thought provoking, and very discussion worthy.  While at a "dinner" party, guests are taken hostage by terrorists.  Amongst the guests are different people from different faccets around the world.  It was unusual sitting at a "dinner" party ourselves (ok..breakfast table) with all of our different personalities, and discussing this choice.  I picked it, because we having really discussed terrorism much.  It was also, to me, and interesting and suspenseful read, once the book got started.  I felt as though the member liked it, but the consensus was the beginning.  It felt slow at times, but JUST at the begining.  Otherwise, it was an enjoyable read.  Thanks to Mary Ann for the cinnamon rolls, and the location.
Club: *** 1/2 out of *****

No comments: