Tuesday, January 4, 2011

BOOK #89


This is an introduction to the next book, who picked it, and why, etc. The book is to your right-------->
The Great Gatsby is my choice for the next book club. This book has been stuck in my top 5 books ever since I have read it.
It has stuck with me of the writing style, the put togetherness of it, and even the story. I love it, and think it's brilliant, when an author writes on the average of 200-250 pages, and makes you care about the people, and are intigued with the story they are telling. F.Scott Fitzgerald, again to me, does this wonderfully in "The Great Gatsby."
I wanted to also go back to our roots in book-club. When the club first started, we read about 5 classic in the first 10 books about. Then we steered away from picking classic, and have stayed mostly in contemporary reading. So, I'm bringing CLASSIC back. Read along with us, and let us know what you think. Other things will be posted with this book such as: questions, ideas, and even the summary of that weeks book-club, and an announcement of what the next slection is. So, stay CLASSIC book club. Happy Reading!!!

No comments: